Thursday, December 22, 2011

Going Public


So I'm ready to start a public blog.  I have been keeping journals in various forms for the past fifteen years or so but most of it isn't exactly the kind of thing I want everyone on earth to have access to.  Really I want to write this blog for Kylie.  So she will be able to look back at it when she is older and see what her childhood was like.  One of my New Years "resolutions" this year is to try to be more positive in general.  So I want to use this blog to paint a happy and positive picture of our lives so we can look back and see all the good.

Christmas is only three days away (two for us because we are celebrating mostly on Christmas Eve)!  I am pretty excited for Christmas this year.  Kylie isn't totally sure what the whole thing is about yet but she is catching on at least a little bit.  At the beginning of the season she was convinced that Santa was a goblin, and even though I thought that was adorable, and went with it, I think she get's the whole Santa idea a little more now.  When I ask her what Santa is going to bring her for Christmas she says "presents!!" and when I ask her what kind of presents she says "toys!" and when I ask her what kind of toys she almost always says "kitty toys!"  Lately she is a "baby kitty" about 80% of the time.  And what do baby kitty's want?  They want kitty toys of course!

So yes, I broke down and got her some kitty toys.  And yes, I did google "catnip" to make sure it wasn't a problem for her to play with toys stuffed with it.  Google was actually all about catnip for kids.  Apparently it's great for them.

Kylie Kitty's Stocking
Kylie's Stocking.
I'm pretty sure that will be her favorite gift this year, despite the money I spent on the things I wanted her to have (mostly so I could play with them) like the Calico Critters Cloverleaf Manor House and a doll bed for Momoko.

Things have been busy this month, as I am working full time and going to graduate school part time at Lesley University for my Masters Degree in School Adjustment Counseling.  Classes ended this week but I still have one last final paper to write and I have really been putting it off until the last minute.  Slowly presents are being wrapped and placed under the tree.  Here is a view of the tree last night:


We decorated the tree a few weeks ago with Jordan which was a lot of fun.  Enjoying the season with someone who loves Christmas as much as I do has been amazing and makes me excited for all the magical Christmas Seasons to come!  Here are a few pictures of decorating fun:

The maker of Christmas Magic.  <3
Helping
Jordan setting up the lights.
The Stockings were hung by the chimney with care...
Kylie was thrilled to wear antlers.










So my goal is to just get through the next two days with as much productivity as I can manage (despite feeling rather sick, and Kylie is sick as well).  Once I finish up what I need to do at work, and e-mail my final paper, pure Christmas Joy can begin!

No comments:

Post a Comment